[pmwiki-users] skin design and the searchbox

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 08:23:04 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:10:33PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Monday, March 21, 2005, 3:31:28 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > The 'true' and 'false' conditionals don't use their arguments;
> > they always return true and false respectively.
>
> What use are they if they have no argument to test for?

(:if false:) is frequently used for long blocks of comments.

(:if true:) is the easy way to restore an (:if false:).  :-)

They exist in the core as demonstrations and tests of simple
$Conditional entries more than anything else.

> What I would like in the core is this conditional:
> [...]
> I have no idea if such a conditional can be defined...

The design of (:if:) makes it possible to define pretty much any
condition that can be written in PHP.