[pmwiki-users] Re: Floating tekst around pictures

Dirk Blaas d.blaas at hccnet.nl
Thu Mar 24 15:37:33 CST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 21:59, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:54:08PM +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/pmwiki.php/OpenSource/TheAdmin
> >
> > Mind you, the photo is a little too big and I do remember seing how it
can
be
> > shrunk in the documentation.  You would think I would find it, would you
not?
>     %align=left width=200%
>
> will float the image left and size it to 200 pixels.
>
> Pm
>
>Patrick, you are a gem!
>OldAl.

Hi OldAl and pm,

I would advise to make use of the 'Advanced tables' functionality, as
described in the documentation. It will give you more control over the way
the picture and text are put together (padding, spacing, aligning),
resulting in a nicer layout of your page.
Try the code hereunder in your wiki and you will see what i mean. (I
hesitate to edit your page directly)
-----
(:table cellspacing=10:)
(:cell:)
%width=200%http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/uploads/OpenSource/2004-00263.jpg
(:cell:)
My name is Algis Kabaila.  My nickname is Al. Curently I administer this
wiki site at the TIP.  I wish to especially acknowldge  Lawrie Brown, a
senior admin of TIP.  Without his patient and effective help this wiki would
not exist.

Basically, this wiki is a democratic tool, where anybody has the same
privileges and rights as anyone else.  In that sense there is no
administrator or editor!

However, if you want to do some major changes and would like to consult
someone, then feel free to contact me - Al Kabaila: my email address
follows.

akabaila[at]pcug.org.au

Most importantly, have fun on this wiki site - I had fun setting it up.
Besides, the wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org) restored my faith in human
nature - most people '''are''' decent and helpful!
(:tableend:)
-----
Greatings, DirkBlaas
P.S. When one is proposing alternative solutions than 'the master' (pm) has
proposed, does that mean you are growing to become experienced user ? ;-)