[pmwiki-users] Cross-group wiki trails

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Mar 26 04:57:06 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 10:26:28PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to make trail markup generate links to another group?
>>
>>Here's an example trail index page:
>>
>>* [[Group/Topic1]]
>>* [[OtherGroup/Topic2]]
>>
>>If I place the trail markup in Group/Topic1, the forward link will go to
>>Group/Topic, not OtherGroup/Topic as the trail index page would suggest.
>
> Hmm.  Trails are supposed to be able to work cross-group, exactly
> as you've listed above.  It seems to work for me on pmwiki.org, see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/CrossGroupTrail .
>
> Can you point me to the page that isn't working, or create a
> non-working example on pmwiki.org ?

I have been unable to produce an example from scratch. However, one of
the three wikis I'm administering indeed exhibits the problem. (Feel
free to modify pages as needed for testing, the site isn't live yet.
Please make sure that the initial page content is still present after
you're done - the only author currently working on that site isn't very
familiar with the history functions yet.)

Trail index page:
   http://shaman-ca.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Seminare/Themen

Page with erroneous link:
   http://shaman-ca.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Reiki/Reiki

It affects just the link back to "Räume der Kraft". All other links are
unaffected.

----

The following might or might not be related.

I also found that one other trail forms a circle.

Trail page:
   http://shaman-ca.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Krafttiere/Krafttiere

If I understand things correctly, the trail should be:
Tiermenschen-Menschentiere <-> Wolf <-> Adler <-> Eichhörnchen <-> Schlange.

However, i.e. Tiermenschen-Menschentiere has a link back to Schlange,
and Schlange has a forward link to Tiermenschen-Menschentiere, so that
the trail forms a circle instead of a linear sequence.

----

The site is running an unmodified beta26, with a heavily modified
beeblebrox-gila2 skin (no PHP, but left sidebar duplicated and adapted
for right sidebar, with accompagnying changes in CSS and some
independent changes in CSS as well).

Regards,
Jo