[pmwiki-users] skin design and the searchbox

Hans design at flutesong.net
Sat Mar 26 12:38:16 CST 2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 9:58:25 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Authors don't think in terms of "variables".  That's why I still
> think we should look at this in terms of capabilities.  Perhaps
> "enabled"?

>    (:if enabled smallsearchbox:)
>    (:if enabled rightmenu:)
>    (:if enabled jumpbox:)

This sounds okay to me.

> Skins and other modules can then set variables to indicate
> available capabilities.  We could make the variables either global or
> entries in an array of some sort, or a combination of the two.
> Personally I prefer the array approach, as it's easier to set multiple
> values.

How would this work with an array?

Another question:
At present some conditionals are defined in pmwiki.php, others can be
added as localisations in config.php. Why are the definitions in the
core? Could they equally well be in stdmarkup.php, where (:if ...:)
markup is defined? This would keep the core leaner.

Best,
~Hans