[pmwiki-users] Redirect with arguments?

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Tue May 3 15:54:53 CDT 2005

  I would like to be able to redirect a page to another
page which has arguments such as:

(:redirect Group.Name?Arg=value:)

  This does not work for several reasons it seems.

-The first one, the page existence check does not work
right in HandleBrowse() because of the args.

-The second one seems to be because the FmtPageName in
Redirect will not include the args.

  I have been hacking some attempts at dynamic wiki trails,
I have a simple working implementation I will post soon.
In my testing of this dynamic trail implementation I have
found many places where pmwiki does not deal very well with
URL arguments. Is there some magic that might improve the
situation (flag to turn on), or is there a special reason I
shouldn't be trying to do this (bad wiki semantics)?

  Anyway, any help on getting the redirect to work would be
greatly appreciated. :)

  Thanks,

  -Martin