[pmwiki-users] Determine whether the visitor is logged in

Peter Brink peter.brink at brinkdata.se
Thu May 5 07:27:18 CDT 2005

Joachim Durchholz skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> I already posted this question but it didn't get answered, so here it is
> again:
>
> What's the best way to find out whether the visitor is authenticated?
> I need to check that from PHP code. (The basic idea is that there's no
> need for email obfuscation if the user has given a password. Mail
> harvesters wouldn't bother to crack passwords or create an account just
> to get at a few hundred addresses.)

I'd like to know this too. For example, I'd like to be able to adapt the
items in an action list based on whether the user is logged in or not.
Using the new (since beta29) authentification system I'm able to test
whether or not the user is logged in as admin. I'd like to be able to
write a conditional markup such as for example: (:if isauthenticated
true:) Blah, Blah (:ifend:).

/Peter Brink