[pmwiki-users] New versions of skins and recipes

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu May 5 11:24:13 CDT 2005

At 11:59 AM 5/5/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>I think it's overkill to keep track of every version of a recipe.
>If an update to recipe XYZ requires, say, beta36, then perhaps rename
>(re-upload) the previous version of the XYZ recipe to read
>"xyz-pre-beta36.zip" or something like that.

Yep. This makes the most sense. But then what about the different
documentation/comments which go with an older version? There are several
recipe pages on which the comments are obsolete, but still there and
confusing things.

Deleting comments might be rude and not necessarily accurate. I was
thinking that archiving them was a good idea (archiving to more than
History, which may get covered up fast, then would most probably expire; my
suggestion was a "xyz-pre-beta36" page).

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)