[pmwiki-users] Include URL markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 6 12:11:34 CDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:38:47PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> The code you made markup for is just the declarative part. The actual work
> is done by
>
>  <script type="text/javascript"
>    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
>  </script>

Oh yes, that was supposed to be there also.  I think I missed
it on copy-and-paste.

> And anyway, does it make sense to allow authors to add and delete ads as
> they see fit?

Depends on the authors, depends on the site.  For a site that is limited
to one or two authors, who want to be able to use the SideBar to decide
when and where to place the google ads or to place google ads in
the middle of text (e.g., separating the first introduction paragraph
from the remainder of the story), it might make a lot of sense --
certainly a lot easier than having to create and maintain separate
templates for the task.