[pmwiki-users] Viewing author's IP addresses to block spam

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 7 07:44:46 CDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:50:42PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> I have a page spammed on a wiki today,
> and because the author supplied an Author name no IP address is shown.
>
> Can somebody please point me to a pmwiki.org page that tells me have to
> display the ip address of contributors?
>
> Is it too late to find this person's IP address?
>
> Should IP addresses be displayed by default?

They're available by default -- try hovering the mouse over the author's
name in the page history to see the IP address.  :-)

At any rate, the IP addresses of changes are stored in the page history
file, so the information is there by default.  If hovering over the
authorname doesn't work for you, you can explicitly display the IP
address in the page history by setting:

    $DiffStartFmt = "
        \$[by] <span class='diffauthor' title='\$DiffHost'>\$DiffAuthor</span>
        (\$DiffHost)</div>";