[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar date markup

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon May 9 03:27:09 CDT 2005

On 9 May 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> On Monday, 9 May 2005 3:25 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
> >It's probably relatively easy to create a custom markup that
> >transforms
> >
> >	(:calendar 20050501:)
> >
> >into e.g.
> >
> >	[[Calendar/20050501 | Monday 16 May 2005]]
> >
> >or however you want the link to appear. I don't think it's a good idea to
> >use the approach where all occurences of a string such as '2005-05-01' is
> >transformed into a long date format.
> >
> >Anyway, the person to ask about this stuff is John, I wonder why he's been
> >quiet though...
>
> Er, because it's the weekend and I was not near a web connected computer.
> (Weekend: that time when one has an opportunity to walk on the beach,
> tidy the garden, watch a movie, listen to misic, play with the cat...)

Hey! I think I just did one of those things! :-)

> I will review the discussion and respond with something helpful ASAP.
>
> My initial quick thought is that we add a capability to recognise
>
> [[some group/yyyymmdd]]
>
> as a date reference and automatically translate it into
>
> [[some group/yyyymmdd | Dayname dd Monthname yyyy]]
>
> The format would of course be configurable. No worries.

Please note that this might be very annoying for people who happen to have
a page like
	NotCalenderGroup/20010102
where they *don't* want the link to be automatically translated. Would it
be possible for the markup to check that 'some group' actually is a valid
"calender"-group? Perhaps the admin could specify a list of these?

/Christian