[pmwiki-users] Password trouble with pmwiki-mode at pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 11 08:29:27 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:12:51PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using pmwiki-mode for Emacs I can work with sites that are protected using
> .htaccess files. The solution is simply to access the page using for
> instance the following URI
>
> 	http://chr:password@www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password
>
> where I've prepended username and password. This solution unfortunately
> doesn't work with the mechanism that pmwiki uses... How can I fix this?

PmWiki now uses PHP sessions for authentication, so what PmWiki
normally expects at this point is the cookie that was set by PHP's
session handler.

However, you probably don't want to deal with cookies in Emacs, so
perhaps you could try doing an HTTP POST with the "authpw" value set
to "password"?

me access to the "chr:password@" part of the url at all.