[pmwiki-users] Password trouble with pmwiki-mode at pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 11 09:18:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:11:28AM -0400, Radu wrote:
> If you do make it so, then please make it disabled by default. I would not
> want some author of mine using a browser in some university lab to leave
> the password in the address cache of the browser. our lab browsers do not
> accept cookies, BTW, and I'm being told that it's quite a pain to use the
> wiki from the labs :|

PmWiki would continue to generate POST requests for all of its passwords,
so they wouldn't appear in the address bar.  It would simply accept
passwords in the address bar as an alternate source.

You could always switch the wiki to use HTTP authentication, and
then the cookies are no longer needed for passwords.

    include_once('scripts/httpauth.php');