[pmwiki-users] Irreproducible behavior - maybe a bug

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 11 16:40:46 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:58:36PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> For this reason, I proposed to avoid the (array) construct and replace
> it with the to_array function. That it returns an empty array is just
> what I think Patrick wanted the (array) type cast to do if the parameter
> value is not an array (typically, it would be a NULL).

In every case where (array) is used I've wanted it to convert
a single non-array value into an array containing that value.
For example, this allows one to say either

   $Skin = 'pmwiki';
or
   $Skin = array('$Group-Skin', 'pmwiki');

and PmWiki treats the first as if the admin had said

   $Skin = array('pmwiki');

without me having to check to see if $Skin is an array.