[pmwiki-users] nothing append

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu May 12 16:11:15 CDT 2005

pfondimare wrote:
> The file test phpinfo() est ok, so i think tat is not a prob php software

The problem indeed indicates a misconfiguration on the PmWiki side of
things (see below).

> The same thing appends on : explorer, safari, firefox

PHP is executed on the server, so it's rare that the browser has any
influence on an error condition.

> *1 : pmwiki-1.0.14*
> it done a blank page.

I can't say anything about 1.0 - I never installed it.

> *2 : pmwiki-2.0.beta36 :*
> Error message =
>
>     PmWiki can't process your request
>     ?unable to find skin from list pmwiki
>     We are sorry for any inconvenience.

The error message means that "PmWiki was looking for a skin in this list
of directories: pmwiki (well, additional directories would have gone
here, but none were given)".

In other words, PmWiki is trying to load the skin from the .../pmwiki/
directory, and doesn't find it (or can't read it).

> What is the problem ?

I can only guess. Ordinarily, the directory structure of PmWiki would be

   cookbook/
   local/
   pub/
     guiedit/
     skins/
       pmwiki/
       print/
   scripts/
   wiki.d/
   wikilib.d/

You'll get that error message if there is no pub/skins/pmwiki/ directory.

Regards,
Jo