[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Suggestion for wiki calendar

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu May 19 20:03:24 CDT 2005

On 20 May 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> >Anyway, this was just a suggestion of something I think is simple to
> >implement... Some people might even prefer writing e.g.
> >
> >	* pay the bills
> >	* rent Buffy DVD
> >	* go to vet
> >
> >at the top of a page
>
> That's very reasonable!

And probably not that difficult to implement, right?

> How would you expect it to deal with
>
> 	* pay the bills
>
> 	* rent Buffy DVD
>
> 	* go to vet
>
> Should it stop when it finds 2 newlines (easier) or when it finds
> something that isn't a list (harder)?

*sigh* .. I don't know to be honest... guessing "not a list" would be the
best criterion. Would a simple regexp do for extracting that part? Perhaps
something like the following (totally off in syntax though):

	'^((\*.+| *)\n)+'

Another solution might be to filter out empty lines before looking for a
list... then, after having removed empty lines, just take everything up to
the first line that does *not* start with a '#' or a '*'.

> >> It shows up to the first line break or up to an invisible stop `.
> >> mark.
> >
> >Ok. Does line extension (i.e. using '\') work?
>
> >From memory, no.

Ok. It's a pity, but I can see how it's easier to implement. On the other
hand, if we allow lists to be extracted, it doesn't really matter any
more.

cheers
/Christian