[pmwiki-users] Credit managment

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 31 23:37:59 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:59:20PM -0700, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> B"H
> On 5/31/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 05:17:41PM -0700, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to use something like this on my wiki and I have one
> > > question. How do I edit the line to add the page the author edited?
> > >
> > > Would it be something like this:
> > > $RecentChangesFmt['Main.Credits'] = '* $AuthorLink  --- $Group.$Name ';
> >
> > Yes, this would work -- keep in mind that as written above it would
> > only show the last page edited by that author.
>
> But, If I understood your previous post correctly, It would add that
> information to the top of the page. So, for example, the page might
> look like this:
>
> Main.HomePage --- Menachem
> Main.WikiSandbox --- Pete
> Main.OtherPage  --- Menachem
> and so on...
>
> each time I would edit a page, a new line would be added with that
> page and the authorname.
>
> Is that correct?

Well, the tricky part is the double spaces in the string -- everything
before the double spaces is considered as part of the "key".  Thus,

  $RecentChangesFmt['Main.Credits'] = '* $AuthorLink  --- $Group.$Name ';

will give one line to each unique author link, resulting in

    * Menachem  --- Main.HomePage
    * Pete  --- Main.WikiSandbox
    * Pm  --- Main.WikiSandbox

while

  $RecentChangesFmt['Main.Credits'] = '* $AuthorLink --- $Group.$Name ';

(notice the single space after $AuthorLink) would use the entire
line as a unique string, resulting in

    * Menachem --- Main.HomePage
    * Pete --- Main.WikiSandbox
    * Menachem --- Main.OtherPage