[pmwiki-users] Goal: Editing of sidebar to require password

Phil Seyer weddingdj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:31:08 CST 2005

Goal: Editing of sidebar to require password
 I thought I had it working so that the sidebar menu could not be edited. I
did something wrong when trying to edit the config.php file and now editing
the sidebar does not require a password. Here is my config.php file:
 <?php
$WikiTitle = "Private Dance Lessons";
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt("12345");
## Use the CIS-Dept. Lean Skin and its printable view skin.
SDV($Skin, 'lean');
SDV($ActionSkin['print'], 'lean/print');
---
Note: I downloaded the config.php file using windows explorer with Windows
explorer ftp, modified it and then uploaded it using Windows Explorer. I got
some error messages. Then reformatted the file using notepad and uploaded it
again. The error messages went away, but not the password protection is
gone. Maybe this is a problem with how the file is uploaded?
  website is: http://www.private-dance-lessons.com
 What did I do wrong?