[pmwiki-users] silent redirect and extras

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Nov 3 10:21:06 CST 2005

malexism wrote:
> Hello,
>
> May be the (:redirect ...:) sould be something silent for the web
> visitor ? An option to ask this directive to not show his string a the
> top of the target page ?
>
> And then, is it possible to tell robots the redirect is permanent ?

Override the message by setting your own
$PageRedirectFmt
in your  local config file.

Not sure about making it permanent to robots.

I think the easier thing is to just eliminate it after
awhile.  AFAIK, it's a universal problem with the web in
general.

Alternatively, you might find that you can use
an (:include Group/Page:) instead of the
redirect.