[pmwiki-users] Link Formats and the title attribute.

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:17:24 CST 2005

On 11/2/05, Clemens Gruber <cgruber at uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PM has added the title-attribute to the img-tag in Version 2.0.beta52
> (29-Jul-2005), s. http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
>
> Added title= attribute to image tags.
>
> Perhaps you can "steal" her some ideas.
>
> Clemesn

Thanks for the tip. Actually I was already aware of that, but just
haven't checked that code out yet. Any idea where it is?

The problem as I see it is that the MakeLink() function seems to have
no knowledge of the title attribute. As such there is no easy way to
pass it in, of have it altered based on some tests etc. To tell you
the truth, I was rather surprised (and delighted at the same time)
$Titlespaced worked in the $LinkPage...Fmt variables. I expected the
variable to not be available or perhaps to return the title of the
current page only. It was nice to see it work so well. Which brings up
the question: Does anyone know if I could set a $LinkPageActionFmt or
something of the sort to address this? Something like:
$LinkPageActionFmt = "<a class='actionlink' href='\$LinkUrl'
title='\$Action: \$Titlespaced'>\$LinkText</a>";

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com