[pmwiki-users] Problem with indirect download of large files

Daniel Scheibler scheibi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:35:46 CST 2005

Hello,

I detect a little problem with indirect downloads.

I uploaded a large file (>50 MB), maybe xyz.zip,  via ftp into the
upload directory of a wiki page. Then I write Attach:xyz.zip into this
wiki page.

Clicking the resulting link cause a error message in my webserver log file like:
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted
(tried to allocate 10240 bytes) in /path/to/pmwiki/scripts/upload.php
on line 169

Two solutions:

a) Could the function HandleDownload in a way changed, that only files
lower than a configurable file size will provided indirect (via
?action=download&upname=xyz.zip) and larger files provided direct (via
uploads/$Group/xyz.zip) ?

b) Is it possible to support two upload directories i.e.
\path\to\pmwiki\uploads\  and \path\to\pmwiki\largeuploads\ ?
I ask because of existing .htaccess with complete access deny in
direct way for \path\to\pmwiki\uploads\
Uploads via pmwiki should send to the first upload folder. The Attach:
and (:attachlist:) markup should look in both directories and use the
first found file.

I have no time this month to do it by myself. And there had to be any
changes in configuration of uploads. I think it should be diskussed
before ;-)

Greets,

Daniel Scheibler
--