[pmwiki-users] New Install Not Picking Up the Default Skin

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 9 08:22:28 CST 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 05:38:51PM -0600, Scott Rosa wrote:
>    i enabled the following config variables for the linux install:
>
>    $ScriptUrl = 'http://ppwiki/';
>    $PubDirUrl = 'http://ppwiki/pub/';
>    $PageLogoUrl = "$PubDirUrl/skins/ppwiki/prevention_mark.gif";
>    $Skin = 'pmwiki';
>
>    when i view the page source for the linux install, it appears that all the
>    url references are getting escaped and that seems to be what is causing my
>    problem.  some snippets of code from the home (?) page are below.

That is totally odd.  It's not just the url references that are
being escaped, but also all of HTML tag attributes.  I'm guessing
that PHP is somehow escaping every single quote character it finds
(or perhaps just every single quote within a tag).  I'd be curious
to know if any single quotes in the page text are also being escaped,
or if it's just those that appear in the HTML tags.

Try setting $EnableDiag=1 and then running ?action=phpinfo .  If you
can send me a copy of the phpinfo output (or a url), I can take a
look at it.