[pmwiki-users] help on wikiform cookbook (display multiple lines)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Nov 9 14:55:42 CST 2005

On Thursday, 10 November 2005 4:26 AM, PyG <pyg_listes at exiup.com> wrote:
>My problem :
>when I use the (:wikilist page=form:) markup, it only shows up the first
>line of the adress field, defined as :
>:Coordonnées:coordonnées Adresse (text)
>
>I was wondering if it's possible to diplay the whole textarea content, and
>not only the first line ?
>It must be somewhere in the FmtEntryList() function (I tried to play with
>preg_replace "s" and "m" flags), but I must admit I'm a little
>bit lost...

One of the reasons it works the way it does is that I couldn't think
of a tidy way to do it either.

There are at least the following issues to deal with:

- choosing a markup for declaring on the FormTemplate page that a
  particular multiline entry is to be picked up in its entirety

- extracting that one, but not others, when generating the list

- correctly formatting the contents, given that it's in a table cell

Have you tried writing the address on a single line, with [[<<]]
markup to indicate breaks?? It's not very elegant, but it might work.

If this works, the easiest solution might be to create a special
field type that joins multiple lines together with [[<<]] markup.

--
JR