[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: A Wiktionary with PmWiki?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Nov 10 13:15:55 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Hans wrote:

> Thursday, November 10, 2005, 6:33:08 PM, chr wrote:
> >> Just do: [[basic text editing | Basic text editing]] can be performed
> >> using any web browser. Not to hard, although I can see some users
> >> getting confused as to why the simpler [[Basic text editing]] doesn't
> >> work in this case.
>
> > Could this be made to work?
>
> >         B[[(b)asic text editing]]
>
> > or is it to complicated?
>
> I thought it is the standard, that you can use capitals or not inside
> a link:
> [[Creating new pages]]
> [[creating new Pages]]
> [[Creating New pages]] etc
> all go to page CreatingNewPages
>
> Sorry if you talk about something totally different, I have not
> followed this discussion closely.

No worries :-)

What you say above is correct for the current version of PmWiki. What's
discussed here is an alternative, and if it might sometimes be useful to
let the links above go to *different* pages. I don't remember the original
example, but 'polish' v.s. 'Polish' is another one where different case
actually changes the meaning of a word that is otherwise identical.

/Christian