[pmwiki-users] login/logout recipe trouble

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:09:58 CST 2005

I am having a problem with the login/logout recipe
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LoginLogout) for a site that:
- has several editors
- cannot be edited by the public
- has different passwords set for edit + upload vs. attr + admin

I've used this recipe before, but only for a 1 editor, 1 privilege level site.

So I was testing whether my spiffy new login link worked or not.  It
doesn't do what I would have expected.  The page I was testing on has
- no read password
- password A for edit and upload
- password B for attr and admin
- bar for wiki actions (edit, history, etc) that only appears if
you've logged in, and has a couple extra links if you're admin

I login with password A, as an editor.  The password is clearly good,
because the editor-level wiki actions are available...but the page
text is not.  It's still asking me to login, even though I just did.
But if I login with password B, as admin, *now* I can see the page
text and the extra wiki actions.

Clearly the recipe must be asking for the *highest* level of
authorization before that login box will go away.  I need that login
box to go away once the user has put in a valid password, even if it's
not my super-duper admin password.  What do I need to do?

Bronwyn