[pmwiki-users] Concatenated parameter for 'wiki:' directive

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 14 08:12:42 CST 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 02:29:25PM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>    Hans,
>
>    That's freaky. It works. But why does the parser recognize the name
>    $FullName out of the string $FullNameSidebar???
>
>    Is this legitimate?

PmWiki's string substitution is fairly naive (somewhat on purpose),
in that it replaces any occurrences of "$FullName" with the full
name of the page.  It doesn't actually parse for "variable names"
in the traditional sense.

Yes, it's legitimate, so that we can do things like the above.  However,
I generally suggest using $FullName-SideBar in lieu of $FullNameSideBar.