[pmwiki-users] php & javascript

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:41:05 CST 2005

Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 4:26:25 PM, Joachim wrote:
> However, have you thought about integration a fallback mechanism that
> will work if the browser doesn't execute JS? (Some browsers can't, some
> users wouldn't allow JS.)

Simply that if the browser cannot support javascript (or it is
disabled) then the fontsizer does not load, and the interface links
don't load either, so the feature is just missing.

I would be interested to see the whole javascript code translated into
php, to see how it works, but my php knowledge is too poor. The
fontsizer script is written very nicely, so it should not be too
difficult for an experienced php programmer.
Here is the original code fromthe creator Chris Kaminski:
http://www.setmajer.com/demo/js/fontsizewidget.js
used on http://www.setmajer.com/demo/fontsizewidget.html

Best,
~Hans