[pmwiki-users] Right float image

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:01:12 CST 2005

On 11/16/05, Henrik Bechmann <henrik at bechmannsoftware.com> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> I had neglected to put in the <!--HeaderText--> directive. Duh.
>
> In any case, I want the style rules in my own css sheet, rather than in
> the header. I take it that leaving out the <!--HeaderText--> directive
> would not be an approved way of doing this, as the header text contains
> other material, such as meta directives.

If your not having the css included in the header, then you'll need to
duplicate the rules in your css file. So, you could theoretically
remove the <!--HeaderText--> directive, but then you would need to
manually include any style definitions (in you css file) and meta
directives (in the template file) manually. The problem arises when
using other recipes or skins that make use of the $HTMLStylesFmt.
Which may be part of your problem. One of these could be overriding
your setting it to be blank.

This also explains why %right% works when the others don't.
Note the following html:

%rframe% and %rfloat% cause the item to get the "rfloat" class. If a
rule for that class is not defined in your css (whether in the
document head or your css file), the item is not affected. However,
%right% adds the styling right in the html so any missing css rules
don't matter.

If you want to leave the <!--HeaderText--> directive out of your
template, just be sure to add the following to your css:
.rfloat {
  float:right;
}

Of course, you'll also need to add the css rules for any other
wikistyles you plan on using (like the 'frame' class from %rframe%
above).
--
----
Waylan Limberg