[pmwiki-users] Re: Search results: show page-titles

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Mon Nov 21 16:59:13 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 04:42:57PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 10:02:54PM +0100, Daniel Hofer wrote:
> > Hello Romand
> >
> > >Put this line to your config:
> >
> > Where? to config.php?
>
> Yes, to config.php.
>
> Getting the search results to display titles instead of page names
> is now a FAQ and probably needs to be in the FAQ.  :-)
>
> But along these lines, I'm rapidly becoming a fan of the approach
> that the PageListTemplates recipe is taking, although I'm
> not sure I agree with the exact format of the {$...} markups
> it's using.  But with some modifications it might become a core
> candidate sometime in the very near future.

  Fire away with suggestions please!! :)

  One idea I just had is something along the lines of adding
a general directive for referencing info about another
page,  not just for use in pagelists.

  So I could write something like (:page.Title MyPage:}
which would print the title for MyPage.

  This would eliminate the need for many of the current
PageListTemplates variables and many more of the ones I  had
planned.  If we made a reference to the current page in a
pagelist as {$Page} we could write (:page.Title {$Page}:).
By adding a {$Prev} and {$Next} and the EQUALS condition,
the PageListTemplates conditional variables could be
eliminated.

  Thoughts?

  -Martin