[pmwiki-users] Using links to like this in markup file:\\machine_name\dir\file.doc

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Tue Nov 22 07:50:14 CST 2005

All,

Background: Some of you will already know that I've deployed PmWiki as
our company Intranet and it is being heavily used by people of all
technical calibres from software engineers to sales staff.

Problem: I've noticed that a lot of references files on our central file
server are being entered in markup as file:\\machine_name\dir\file.doc
<file:///\\machine_name\dir\file.doc>  (long UNC's) instead of
file://///machine_name/dir/file.doc
<file:///\\machine_name\dir\file.doc> .  This works great for IE but not
Firefox.

Requirements: I would prefer to alter PmWiki to rewrite the internet
compliant URL (file:////...) when it is displayed in browsers.  Ideally
this would not alter the original (incorrect mark-up) simply allow file
links to work in IE and FireFox.

Question: Is this possible?  If so, how can this be achieved?  I'm using
pmwiki-2.0.10.

Best regards,

-Steve.

Personal Wiki: http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk