[pmwiki-users] title directive does not affect the whole title?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 25 08:04:28 CST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 02:54:08PM +0100, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> When I want to change the title of:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox
>
> I insert:
> (:title example:)
>
> with this result:
> PmWiki | Main / test
>
> ....but I want to change it to:
> PmWiki | example
>
> I may either have missed a important part of the discussion going on or
> I did not found the adequate documentation for it.
> Could you point me to the fitting description please?

The title of a page is something to be used in place of its name,
so in the titlebar the group still appears.  If you're wanting to
eliminate the group from the titlebar, you'll need to adjust the
<title> element in the skin.  The PmWiki skin's element reads
(in pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.tmpl):

     <title>$WikiTitle | $Group / $Title $Action</title>

Just change this to read

     <title>$WikiTitle | $Title $Action</title>