[pmwiki-users] authuser improvements

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Tue Nov 29 11:28:56 CST 2005

sön 2005-11-27 klockan 08:27 -0600 skrev Patrick R. Michaud:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 12:47:24PM +0100, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> > I find it a bit disturbing that I need to specify the default site-wide
> > passwords etc in config.php, when the rest of the authentication is
> > specified in either $Group.GroupAttributes, Site.AuthUser or
> > $FullName?action=attr. I'd like to see the possibility to define
> > $DefaultPasswords in Site.AuthUser.
> >
> > Does that make sense, or are there good reasons not to allow that?
>
> I started in that direction, and then realized that the only way that
> can work is if the Site.AuthUser page is loaded and processed on
> every access to PmWiki.  As things stand now the Site.AuthUser page only
> needs to be loaded and processed when someone enters a username and
> password, which is a lot more efficient.

Is that still not necessary when using groups (@site_edit etc) defined
in Site.AuthUser? In order to understand the @... directive,
Site.AuthUser must be loaded, no? And if I use that for read access,
that means Site.AuthUser must be loaded for every access...? Or maybe
group access is not allowed for 'read'...

Anyway, the group mechanism is nice, and covers my needs in any case.
Now I just need a form so that users can change their own passwords....
HtpasswdForm only works for admins.

Will this be part of the next release?

/Mikael

--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose