[pmwiki-users] Problems with uploads in standalone version

fever fever at gmx.org
Sat Oct 1 02:32:02 CDT 2005

Problems with uploads (especially graphics) with standalone version of
pmwiki 2.0.6:

I have used the standalone recipe
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone) in order to install the
pmwiki on a Windows XP machine and use the monobook skin. Everything works
fine except uploads. config.php contains the following lines:

 $EnableUpload = 1;
 $EnableUploadOverwrite = 0;
 $UploadDir = "uploads/";
 $UploadUrlFmt = "http://localhost/wiki/uploads";
 $UploadPrefixFmt = '';            # sitewide attachments
 $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('upload');
 $UploadMaxSize = 200000;

I can upload pictures to the directory /uploads by using e.g.
[[Attach:exmple.jpg]] on a page. The link is red for showing still not
available (monobook skin specific). After uploading the picture, the link
turns blue to show that the specified link is available. Putting my mouse on
the link shows the correct directory
http://localhost/wiki/uploads/example.jpg. However, clicking on the link
leads me to the page http://localhost/wiki/Example/Jpg with the comment:
"Describe Jpg here." So I am not able to view any pictures that are uploaded
on my local implementation.

Does anyone have a clue as to what went wrong in my approach?

Thank you in advance,
Wolfgang