[pmwiki-users] Re: Restricting information (Was: General Farming Questions)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Oct 3 12:59:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> The other possibility is to use this cookbook recipe:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm
>
> The problem is, I want more than one shared group. At the very least
> the groups "Profiles" and "Shared" should be common. Still, I think
> the cookbook still applies, I just need a few more entries.

You can start with the code below. I'm using it for another site, works ok
but there are issues with AllRecentChanges and some other minor stuff
IIRC.

// Modify page library search, making some groups common for the farm
if(true) {
  $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
                       new PageStore("$FarmD/shared.d/\$FullName"),
                       new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

  // Force use of directory shared.d/ for edits to the group 'Site' etc
  $group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
  if(($action == 'edit' && ($group == 'Site' ||
                            $group == 'Profiles' ||
                            $group == 'Playground' ||
                            $group == 'PmWiki' ||
                            $group == 'Test')) ||
     ($action == 'approvesites') ||
     ($action == 'approveurls')) {
    $WikiLibDirs[] = $WikiDir;
    $WikiDir = new PageStore("$FarmD/shared.d/\$FullName");
  }
}

/Christian