[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki mentor

Shaney Crawford shaneycrawford at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 18:33:31 CDT 2005

Hi Tegan,

Now that the wiki has been set up properly on my server (thanks
entirely to my mentor), I will take your suggestion to heart and try
to keep track of any problems that I have while setting up the wiki.
If I am able to find good solutions, or if I feel that I have
identified a problem that hasn't been documented before (even if I
haven't found a solution yet), I will be sure to record it for
posterity's sake.

>From what I can tell, the problem this time was that I hadn't set the
path properly in config.php.  Actually, there were two problems: the
path was wrong, and I had failed to notice and remove the hash marks
in the following two lines of code in the sample config.php file.

# $ScriptUrl = 'http://...';
# $PubDirUrl = 'http:/...';

I thought the problem involved my server (and possibly the fact that I
am using a subdomain), but in the end, it was a simple (too simple!)
coding oversight.

Shaney.