[pmwiki-users] General Farming Questions

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Oct 11 12:40:29 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-11  09:25 AM -0800, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
>  My plan has been to use a wiki farm, with each faculty member
>(who desires it) having a wiki for each class they teach. Is that the
>best solution to give individuals their own wikis that are as
>customizable as possible?

I use a PmWiki farms to completely isolate different sets of users
from each other. Each set of users has their own field and some of
those fields are password protected, while others are not.

Depending on your requirements, this may be a good way to go, but the
other mechanism in PmWiki that accommodates different sets of users
is Wiki Groups. Everybody uses the same wiki (or field), but has
their own group. Groups have the big advantage that they are visible
to each other. You can still control access via passwords if you need to.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668