[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Oct 12 12:24:31 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:04:49PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 5:47:02 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> > Indeed. Neat tricks are to be avoided if clarity is sacrificed.
>
> you mean: ...if clarity is not to be sacrificed?

if (clarity sacrificed) avoid neat tricks

:-)

> But "date today" is pretty clear to me: today's date.

Sure ... how surprised will authors be that where they've written

	(:if date today :)

is transmogrified into

	(:if date 20051012 :)

upon saving the page?

I'm generally against changing the contents of pages in this manner if
it can be helped.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff