[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Oct 12 13:09:20 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:00:55PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> One question (non-rhetorical):  How likely is it going to be that
> someone is going to soon ask for the ability to specify months (YYYYMM)
> so that they don't have to put the DD in place?  Or perhaps times
> (YYYYMMDDhhmm)?

No clue here.  I'd just invent if it didn't exist and I wanted it :)

> However, I don't have a problem with building the implementation
> to only allow YYYYMMDD formats for now, if that's the majority wish.
> However, it begs the question:  What should PmWiki do if the date
> is incorrectly formatted -- i.e., if an author forgets a digit or
> adds extra ones?  (My guess: Default to "false".)

Yes, I think it should default to false.    The only problem is that
the conditional part not showing up when it's supposed to might be a
little difficult to see until it's "too late".

It occurs to me that it might be useful to have a mechanism
that renders improperly formatted dates (or other directive-type
things) as <font color=red>Badly formatted directive!</font>  or some
such.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff