[pmwiki-users] Different skins for non-admins

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:52:56 CDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Greg <scratch at keeptherubbersidedown.com> wrote:

> This looks like a fantastic product (pmwiki), easy to use and flexible.
>
> I'm wondering if there can be different skins for people who aren't
> administrators--in other words not logged in. I envision a webpage
> that looks like many relatively simple webpages with an admin log-in
> button that would take one to the "default" editing skin.

I designed the Lens skin for exactly this kind of thing: I use PmWiki to run
my portfolio, but I don't want everyone to see the edit links.

So, you could combine:

- view modes recipe
- lens skin
- login/logout recipe
- a little conditional markup

to have a wiki that only looks like one after logging in. Want to know more?

Bronwyn