[pmwiki-users] Moving content between wikis and keeping track of changes

Mr Wappy mrwappy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 12:07:03 CDT 2005

Hi

I have several different Wiki's and want to take some
of the content from one Wiki to another.

My theory was to copy the pages from the Wiki.d
directory e.g. copy file "Group.topic" to the new Wiki
which is located seperately, and place the pages it
the appropriare Wiki.d directory.

In doing this I did not take any count files or change
files [this may be a factor in the problem I will come
to]

With the pages in the new Wiki I can access them OK,
however any changes are neither captured in
RecentChanges or in AllRecentChanges.

Since I am using these change files for an RSS feed
this has raised a problem.

My questions are:

1. Is the approach I have adopted basically right?
2. Is there a better alternative for copying or
merging content?
3. Is there any information that describes the
mechanism for creating/updating the change files?

As a test instead of copying I created the new page in
the destination Wiki and then cur/paste content... but
this defeats the object of the exercise!!

Any ideas/information welcome.

Thanks

Adrian