[pmwiki-users] recent changes problem

Edin Hodzic dino.hodzic at vvond.com
Fri Oct 14 18:01:34 CDT 2005

The original problem was that each and every *RecentChanges file,
including Site.AllRecentChanges, had only one change in them. One change
per page would be OK to me. But only one change ever in every group, was
a bit too much, I mean too little ;-) First I had thought it was the
very first change that got stuck. Later on I noticed that
Main.RecentChanges had the most recent change, but Site.AllRecentChanges
still had the oldest change made...

Hm, I changed the code back and it behaves exactly the way you describe.
That is a fine policy.

I don't know what was going on any more. You can see my
Site.AllRecentChanges in the PITS 00552. It had a single change. That
was after many changes. I don't know how that happened. I tried a fresh
new installation, and it all works as expected. Cannot reproduce the
problem.

There is a chance I didn't understand the one change per page policy and
I was hitting the sandbox over and over again only to see just one
change... But then again, the Site.AllRecentChanges wasn't getting
changed at all. It should have been updated with most recent change...

Don't know.

If you want me to do a test, let me know.

Otherwise, we love pmwiki here. It was trivial to install and it has
worked well except for this little problem (possible confusion) over
recent changes...

Thanks.

Edin

--