[pmwiki-users] problem for password-less wiki forms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 15 18:12:29 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 12:56:59AM +0200, Sergio Andreozzi wrote:
> Neil Herber wrote:
> >At 2005-10-13  08:21 PM +0200, Sergio Andreozzi is rumored to have said:
> >>I tried to remove password need for the whole Wish group by means of
> >>Wish.GroupAttributes?action=attr form (clear for edit and read, and
> >>password for attr and upload).
> >
> >You probably need to enter "nopass" rather than "clear" in the password
> >attributes for the group. This assumes that you have a site-wide
> >password already in place.
>
> I was misled by the documentation. [...]  Maybe it
> would be better to change the group-related paragraph by putting either
> a forward reference or mentioning the password.

Is this any better...?

    To set a password on an individual wiki page, add ?action=attr
    to the page's URL (address) to access its attributes. Using the
    small form on the attributes page, you can set or clear the read,
    edit, or attr passwords on the page. In the form you enter the
    passwords as cleartext; PmWiki encrypts them for you automatically
    when it stores them. Leaving a field blank will leave the attribute
    unchanged. To remove a password from a page (reverting back to the
    group's or site's default), enter "clear". To indicate that the
    page can be edited even if a group or site password is set,
    enter "nopass".