[pmwiki-users] Restructure Site.EditForm

Peter Brink peter.brink at brinkdata.se
Sun Oct 16 07:27:27 CDT 2005

I'd like to restructure the layout of Site.EditForm. What I'd like do is
to the have the save button after the preview, and only a preview button
on the regular edit form.

My reason for wanting to change the layout of Site.EditForm is to make
sure that all contributors to the wiki are made aware of the terms under
which a contribution may be submitted to the wiki, which in my case is a
CC-license. I want to do this in order to avoid possible future problems
with contributors that claim that they never agreed to submit their
contributions under an open content license and hence try to remove
their contribution from the wiki.

An alternative to rearranging the Site.EditForm would of course be to
set up a popup window with the license agreement but that is far more
work I think, and probably unnecessarily work too. From a legal
standpoint I think it would be sufficient to have a workflow as follows:
Edit page -> Preview submitted text -> Submit text and at the same time
agree to submit the contribution under a cc-license.

I've tried to restructure the Site.EditForm by moving the (:input
e_savebutton:) and (:input e_saveeditbutton:) to the bottom of the
preview area, but that didn't do the job, it did foul up the EditForm so
that one couldn't save any pages though...

Obviously my fist take at rearranging Site.editForm was a failure, does
anyone know of a better way?

/Peter Brink