[pmwiki-users] hard page break in print view

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Wed Oct 19 13:32:19 CDT 2005

Russ Fink wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are my options for causing a hard page break in print view for
> PmWiki 2?  Unlike the breakpage recipe, I'm not interested in breaking
> the page in the normal web view.  What I want is the user to see all one
> continuous page when viewing on the web, but when they go to print view,
> I need them to have sections starting on a fresh page.
>
> This capability is known as "hard page" and "page break" to word
> processing users.

I think the page-break-after, page-break-before, etc.
CSS items are CSSv2.  But maybe they are used everywhere... I haven't
tried.  If so you could create an item with those attributes or use
a div to get make it happen.  You could turn it into your markup
even.

(:div style='page-break-after:always;':)
(:divend:)

To my knowledge there is no standard PmWiki markup that attempts
to do this right now.

I test the above just now and seemed to work on Firefox anyhow.