[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 20:48:30 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 06:35:29PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 10/20/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 04:24:56PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > > or something along those lines.
> >
> > More likely:
> >
> >    404 Main.SomePage
> >    404 Main.SomeOtherPage
> >    301 Main.SomeOldPage => Main.SomeNewPage
> >    301 SomeGroup.SomeGroup => SomeGroup.HomePage
>
> Much better.  Would a line that doesn't start with a valid status code
> be ignored?  More to the point: it would be nice if some descriptive
> text could be included in the page.

Yes, this is the way I normally do things (e.g., XLPages, ApprovedUrls,
RecentChanges, etc.).

> If wikipage has a certain status, what would be displayed?  How about
> a Site.Status404 page with some wiki markup so the WikiAdministrator
> can customize the 404 error message (for example)?

Following PmWikiPhilosophy #3, do we *really* need this level of detail/
control?  And do we need pages for every possible status code (in
the core)?

Or do we simply ship PmWiki with Site.Status404 as the new version of
Site.PageNotFound (used for any non-existent page), and it's then up
to the site admin to create special Site.StatusXYZ pages for any
other status codes he/she decides to start using?