[pmwiki-users] Notes and plans for PmWiki 2.1

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:34:01 CDT 2005

On 10/21/05, Xax <xax at mclink.it> wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud said the following on 21/10/2005 16.56:
> > Hello, all-
> >
> > I just wanted to give everyone an advance look at my plans
> > the next few versions of PmWiki, to invite comments and
> > suggestions.
> >

> Dear Patrick,
>
> I am afraid I am falling in love with PmWiki and I am more afraid I am
> going to use it in several installations for a long time.
>
> One feature I badly miss, I already requested and I failed to implement
> is a consistent use of alternative file naming in this way:
>
>         /group/this-is-a-page-name/
>

> 1. all lowercase
> 2. hyphens between words
> 3. trailing slash at the end
>
> This would help me immensely to better integrate pmWiki in my websites
> in a consistent way. URLS would be much more accessible, usable and easy
> to type and remember.

Oh yeah, I knew there was something else I wanted to see, but didn't
remember what it was right off the bat. That's it, lowercase URLs. I
don't need case-insensitive (which creates all sorts of problems for
various OSs), but the option to use lower case (still case-sensitive)
would be great.

Xax, I have an idea how we can make it work, but haven't tested it all
yet (I have the mod-rewrite rules down - I think, but I haven't played
with the link generation by PmWiki). I think we could at least create
a recipe for it. If I have the time, I'll see what I can come up with.
Now, where's that old message on the list that gave me the idea...