[pmwiki-users] The removal of uploaded images

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Oct 25 10:58:07 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-25  12:04 PM +0200, Robert Blaha is rumored to have said:
>I think this is a disadvantage of pmwiki to other wikis, that store
>all attachments in a database.
>My sites are all messed with orphaned files, not easily possible to
>find out which ones are really unused.
>So there is always the feeling that it is not a very clean thing.
>;-) psychotic

The refcount action allows you to find orphaned files (not unused
attachments, however).

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RefCount

If you find an orphaned page, you can delete it by setting the
contents to the single word "delete". The file is not thrown away,
but its name has a suffix added to it to indicate when it was deleted.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DeletingPages

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/