[pmwiki-users] any ldap users?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 26 02:21:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:42:52AM +0300, Leigh Hausman wrote:
> I'm trying to test, but I'm running into two problems:
>
> 1. It looks like there's no way to specify an ID / password
> combination for non-anonymous binds. This is problematic if I want to
> use our active directory implementation, which has anonymous lookups
> disabled.

$AuthLDAPBindDN and $AuthLDAPBindPassword are supposed to allow
this (they were added in 2.0.11 but this apparently didn't get
noted in the ChangeLog).  Simply set these variables to the
ID/password combination needed for the non-anonymous bind.

> 2. If I use a different LDAP server that does allow anonymous binds,
> I have the same problem Russ described, even after adding '?sub' as
> you suggested. I'm not sure what's going on, so a logfile or
> something would be immensely helpful...

I suspect that the LDAP server that is allowing anonymous binds
isn't performing authentication.  But I could be very wrong about that,
and I'm still not certain what's happening with Russ' LDAP server.