[pmwiki-users] AW: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 83

Andre Szabolcs Szelp a.sz.szelp at gmx.net
Sun Oct 30 13:11:16 CST 2005

> When clicking on a link to a non-existing page the user get the
> very short
> message:
> Describe xxxx here.
> I want my users to have something more, like the Wikipedia has:
>     We don't have an article called "xxxx"
>     ...but you can write it!
>     Type in the box below and click save page to start this article.
>     Your article will be published immediately.
> How can this be done ?

Hi, this does not allow immediate editing, but at least more text:

in config.php:
  XLPage(Page.Name); # where Page.Name should be probably a page
inaccessible
                     # by users

and Page/Name
containing the line:

  'Describe $Name here.' => 'We don\'t have an article called
"$Name"<br>...but you can write it!<br>Click the "edit?" in the top right
corner and start typing...'

Not tested, but should work... uses the localization/internationalization
feature of
PMWiki.

It's possible, that you cannot chose an arbitrary Group.Page, but that it
must
be Group.XLPage (the Group can definitely be arbitrary).

If I'm wrong others will correct me.

Cheers,
	Szabi