[pmwiki-users] Putting Site.AllRecentChanges in a different group?

Jeremy Sproat sproaticus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:11:27 CST 2005

I'm running a wiki where I need some pages to be kept confidential,
even going to far as to prevent people from seeing the page name.
However, the page names get displayed in Site.AllRecentChanges.  I
want to keep this functionality, but (a) I want to make it more secure
and (b) I don't want to password-protect the Site group.

Looking in pmwiki.php, I see that the $RecentChangesFmt variable
describes where the AllRecentChanges info goes.  So I stuffed this
into my local/config.php:

$RecentChangesFmt = array(
  'Admin.AllRecentChanges' =>
    '* [[$Group.$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink:
[=$ChangeSummary=]',
  '$Group.RecentChanges' =>
    '* [[$Group/$Name]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink:
[=$ChangeSummary=]');

(note the "Admin" group rather than $SiteGroup in the first entry)

So far it seems to be doing what I want it to.

My question is this:  Is this the recommended way of moving the
AllRecentChanges page?  Or are there consequences to doing it this
way?

Is there a macro that works like (:pagelist:) but instead lists recent changes?

Thanks!

Jeremy