[pmwiki-users] 3 Questions: Graphics, Subsite only? Indexing by Search Engines

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 15:33:18 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 01:05:45PM -0700, Phil Seyer wrote:
>    I've noticed that some of the pmwiki users have a lot of graphics on their
>    websites.
>
>    #1. How can you add graphics?  I searched for graphics or pictures in help
>    and didn't find anything.

Take a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Images for a few
ideas.  Or, if you're talking about graphics that go in the borders
and other areas of the page (the page "skin"), see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Skins .

>    #2. Are many people using pmwiki for the site as a whole, or are most
>    people using it for a sub section of a main website, like I am at:
>
>    http://www.argentine-tango.com/dance and
>    http://www.LoveMusicLoveDance.com/talk

It's a fairly even mix, I believe.  There are quite a number of people
who are using PmWiki as the primary engine for a complete website.

>    #3. Are search engines indexing pmwiki sites?

By default, yes -- do a Google search for "pmwiki" and you can see
what's been indexed!